Q: "What is the total square footage that one Victor Sonic PestChaser PRO Rodent Repeller M792 covers?"
Answer: Unfortunately, there is no simple answer to your question. Ultrasonic frequencies are sound above the normal range of human hearing and act more like light than say sound from a radio or television. See my answer below after you read why the answer is not absolute. One reason for the M792's superiority is that it has two speakers so it fits in corners and sends sound down two walls at once. It is recommended for
Characteristics of Ultrasonic Sound:
- Is Highly directional like FM radio waves.
- Reflects from hard surfaces like bare walls, doors, etc. like light from a mirror.
- Is absorbed and dampened by soft surfaces such as carpeting, drapes, furniture and cardboard boxes.
- Can be effected by the humidity of the air.
- Creates a "shadow" of silence behind an object it hits, a sheltered area for pests. Place traps or poison bait in that "shadow" or aim additional PestChasers be aimed at the back of the object and eliminate the "shadow."
Place the Victor® Heavy Duty PRO Sonic PestChaser ® ultrasonic rodent repellent
M792 in a corner or against a wall. Elevated on non-skid feet, this economical, pet friendly, non-chemical solution for rodent problems is made by Woodstream.
This ultrasonic mouse repeller
with two speakers each 2.5 inches in diameter emits high frequency sound waves more than 2X the power output of standard ultrasonic pest control units. The Pestchaser M792 is the most powerful electronic pest control
device in the market! Same technology used in restaurants, warehouses and on ships.
The physical size of this mouse repeller is 5 inches wide at the back by 3.5 inches high. The 6 foot long cord lets you place the pest repeller to effectively repel rodents from protected areas. For use in large sized rooms, kitchens, garages, attics and basements.
The sound is completely inaudible to people and non-rodent pets. Varying intensity and frequencies of ultrasonic sound waves prevents rodents from getting used to the Victor® Sonic PestChaser® ultrasonic rodent repellent . Since the sound is inaudible, a red LED light tells you the unit is working properly. It's kinder than traps, safer than poisons, and there are no dead rodents to dispose of so it minimizes human contact with mice, rats, and other disease-bearing rodents. Reduction in rodent activity should occur within 6-10 days. Estimated service life of the unit is 5-7 years or more. Economical: less than a penny a day in operating costs for electricity.
Note: Ultrasonic sound cannot penetrate furniture, cabinets or walls. Multiple units required for multiple rooms.
Victor® - Innovative Rodent Control Solutions from the Company You’ve Trusted for Over 100 Years.
For use in large sized rooms, kitchens, garages, attics and basements
|• 6' cord enables ideal placement
|• Emits high frequency sound waves that effectively repel rodents
|• Sound is completely inaudible to people and non-rodent pets.
|• Varying ultrasonic sound waves prevents rodents from getting used to the Victor® Sonic PestChaser®.
|• Since the sound is inaudible, a red LED light shows unit is working properly.
|• Reduction in rodent activity should occur within 6-10 days
|• Multiple units required for multiple rooms
Note: Best results are with other rodent control methods:
- Sanitation: Use in a clean area with no spilled foodstuffs or accumulated trash.
- Exclusion: Reduce access points for rodents. Use hardware cloth to seal pipes, vent screens, A/C ducts and holes in siding. A mouse can squeeze through a hole the size of a pencil.
- Reduce Populations: For heavy infestations, you may first have to reduce populations of rodents to smaller levels by using baits and traps. Newer electric traps kill humanely, run on battery power, and are easily emptied.
Please contact us if you have additional questions.