Question about advantages of Sensaphone Remote Monitoring Systems over security systems by national or local alarm and security companies.
Q: "We are building a new data center. Our choices are between a national or local alarm and security company with monthly monitoring fees or a Sensaphone system. We want to monitor power, temperature and humidity. We are also concerned about possible water leaks onto the flooring and being able to lower the thermostat in the room if one of the units begins to overheat. Which system do you recommend? Thanks. Bill."
Answer: For a data center, we would recommend the Sensaphone IMS-1000 Internet Remote Monitor, IMS-1002 or Sensaphone IMS-4000 PowerGate2 Outlet Switcher IMS-4302IMS-4000 unit over the Sensaphone Web600 Web-Monitor Alarm, No Land Line Needed. The WEB600 is a great starter solution with accessories like a battery back up, a temperature probe, a zone water detector and a humidity transmitter. However, when you are talking a larger computer room or data center, you are talking about tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment that keep your business operational 24/7.
Sensaphone Systems offer these advantages:
- No Monthly Monitoring Fees: you buy the product and programs it to notify directly any employee or employees you choose without the cost of a central service that runs at least several hundred dollars annually.
- Real Sensor Values: Universal inputs read actual temperature values and more.
- Battery Backup: Either included or an inexpensive option.
- Maximum Flexibility: Notifications using custom voice phone calls, emails, faxes, text messages, SNMP traps, etc. Communication is via land phone lines, cell phones, Ethernet or satellite.
- Remote Access: You can program remotely whether a phone line product, a web-based products or a satellite product.
- No Dependencies: stand alone solutions mean you get direct communication without a central service, computer or server in the middle.
- Field Proven in Sensitive Applications: Proven reliability and validity in emergency response materials, military weapons systems, medicines, Homeland security, etc.
- Innovation: In-house engineering. Three US patents for unique technologies. Constantly working to make products more powerful and easier to use.
- Easy to Use: Simple, clear set up and maintenance. You don't have to be an electronics genius! Some products like the IMS series even automatically detect the sensor you've connected and configure it for you. The owners manuals are extensive and clear to follow. Telephone technical support is there, unlimited and toll free.
- Made in the USA: Yes! Sensaphone is made in Pennsylvania. All engineering design, manufacturing, servicing, testing and support are here in the USA.
For your data center, Safe Home recommends you choose the IMS-1002 model and then choose from the 9 sensors listed:
- The IMS-1002 Model. The Sensaphone IMS-1000 Internet Remote Monitor, IMS-1002 is a web-based single room monitoring device with a voice modem. It will monitor up to 8 external sensors that are connected via Cat-5 cable. If your computer network failed, you will get a phone call or calls via a standard land line. It is fully Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) manageable.
- IMS-4811 or IMS-4813: The Sensaphone Temperature Sensor (F) for IMS-1000,4000 and the Sensaphone Room Temperature Sensor Celsius for IMS-1000,4000 are room temperature sensors with displays in F. or C.
- IMS-4812: Sensaphone Mini Temperature Sensor for IMS-1000,4000 monitors the temperature inside a cabinet or small space.
- IMS-4821: Sensaphone Humidity Sensor w/Display for IMS-1000,4000.
- IMS-4830: Sensaphone Water Detector IMS-4830 W/10 Ft Rope can be expanded by adding additional units for water detection.
- IMS-4840: Sensaphone 4840 External Power Failure Sensor for IMS-1000, 4000
- IMS-4841 or IMS-4842: Sensaphone IMS AC Current Sensor, up to 15 Amps, C13/C14 and the Sensaphone IMS AC Current Sensor, up to 20 Amps, C19/C20 are current sensors. Each reports the actual current flow in the circuit. If a generator fails to start, you know immediately.
- IMS-4860: Sensaphone Magnetic Reed Door Switch for IMS-1000,4000 monitors a door for unauthorized entry
- IMS-4861: Sensaphone IMS Passive Infrared Motion Sensor for monitoring unauthorized access into a data center
- IMS-4862: Sensaphone Smoke Detector for IMS 1000,4000. Smoke Detector functions independently from any primary fire alarm system.
If a sensor is disconnected, you will get an alert. Each sensor is continuously monitored by the IMS parent unit. Cat-5 jacks and cables make it easier to connect to remote sensors using existing structured cabling.
The data logging includes a time stamped collection of input values that can be viewed and graphed. Plus you will get a detailed event history of user logins, telephone calles, etc. It is possible to add video integration to have an image sent of the condition that tripped the alarm. This is web-based monitoring with a traditional phone line, too.
You can place the IMS-1000 or IMS-4000 into your server rack. There are no moving parts in the IMS-1000 series units: each is complately standalone with its own internal battery back up.
Please contact us if you have additional questions. Thank you for your questions.