Q: "I go through a lot of C and D cell alkaline batteries. What are the C and D spacers? How do they work? Do I need to use Sanyo rechargeable batteries? Thanks. Bill"
Answer: What you do is insert AA rechargeable batteries in each spacer and then insert the correct size and number of spacers in the battery using device. The best choice AA rechargeable batteries are the Eneloop AA Rechargeable Nimh Batteries. These are Sanyo AA rechargeable SECHR3UTG8BP batteries with 8 batteries per pack. You could substitute any AA 2000mAh pre-charged batteries for the Sanyo. Or you could use a higher mAh battery. mAh stands for "Milliamp hours." Many flashlight bulbs use around 500 mAh, So the higher the mAh, the longer the time the battery operated unit is powered. For example, Safe Home sells generic AA rechargeable batteries, the Rechargeable AA Ni-MH Battery, 2800mAh, FOUR(4) which can be recharged approximately 500 times. You do need a battery charger that can handle the 2800mAh. Safe Home currently sells the Super Quick Ni-MH Battery Charger, Dual Volt.,AAA /AA This unit holds 4 AAA or 2 AA batteries. It is comparable to the Energizer and the Kodak rechargers.
- Reuse up to 1000 times: no need to worry about memory effect, able to charge only the amount you need.
- Eneloop 8 pack AA 2000 mAh pre-charged. Ready to use right out of the pack.
- Internal test results shows eneloop gives up to 4 times more shots when using a DSC than standard Alkaline
- Eneloop combines all the features of an alkaline battery (Ready to Use) with the benefits of Rechargeable (Reusable)
- Very slow self discharge maintains 85% residual capacity after 1 year of storage and 70% residual capacity after 2 years of storage
I hope this helps answers your questionsl We sell large quantities of the D and the C cell spacers so many people must be aware of the money to be saved.