Question about portable shipping scales with TARE for larger heavier items.
Q: "We own a business that ships larger packages that are difficult to put on a standard sized shipping scale. Some products are so heavy that we load them onto dollys. Is there an American made scale with a TARE function and a large platform so we can wheel the product/box onto the platform without removing it from the dolly." Thanks. Tom
Answer: What you need to purchase is the AmCells Wheelchair, Bariatric and Shipping Scale Folds. You can easily move the dolly onto the platform and push it off the other side when your weighing is completed. Ramped sides make this easy. The weight limit is 800 lbs with accuracy of 0.2 lbs. Amcells scales are known for reliability both in operation and in calibration. Buy American is my advice.
The Amcells WHS-800 has these features:
- Aluminum diamond polished deck with ramped sides
- Over-sized platform: 40 inches by 30 inches
- Rail Mounted easy-to-read digital display with printer interface
- Rail height for digital display: 39 inches. Note this rail assists in the portability of the scale. It is NOT as a stability grip
- Weight capacity: 800 lbs (360 kg)
- Accuracy: graduation of 0.2 lbs (0.1 kg)
- Pounds to kilograms conversion
- Functions: ON/OFF, HOLD, ZERO, and PRINT buttons.
- Power: AC adapter (included)
- Print function allows printing to ticket printers, slip printers
- Display Indicator:s elevated by a sturdy bar for easy access and convenience.
- Materials: high quality aluminum alloy steel and stainless steel.
- Physical Dimensions of Scale: Folded 3/4 inches High x 40 Inches Wide by 38 inches long.
- Calibration: factory calibrated prior to shipment.
- AmCells uses high quality Made in USA load cells that maintain scale accuracy over time.
- 1 Year Warranty: The manufacturer warrants that this product is free from defects in material and workmanship. Repair or replacement will be issued for any product which is found defective under the terms of this warranty. Safe Home assists with warranty issues within 30 days of sale.
With the TARE function, you can get an accurate weight for your shipment that is oversized. If you use UPS, you can enter both the weight and the box dimensions manually into the UPS program and get accurate shipping costs.
When you are done with shipping, you can fold the scale and store it or leave it in place for the next business day. The scale is easily moved in warehouse situations since it folds and rolls on two tough urethane wheels.
We have other Amcells, Seca, Healthometer, Befour, etc. scales. However, none of these offer the same options as the Amcells WHS-800.
Thanks for your question.