Question about how to get rid of deer day and night.
Question:"I have deer roaming through my yard, munching on my trees. This happens during the day and at night. Using deer repellent sprays and granules takes a lot of work. I don't want to install an electric fence as it is unsightly. What do you suggest? Thanks. John
Answer: I have two suggestions. One is the Havahart Electronic Deer Repellent and the other is the Nite-Guard. If you combine the two units, you should reduce deer damage significantly.
The Havahart® electronic repellent for deer uses a behavioral modification technique. The Havahart 5250 attracts deer short range by using an acorn scented deer lure. When a deer touches the post, he or she gets a gentle static shock. So you train the deer to stay out of your yard.This electronic deer repellent includes 3 units, aromatic lure, instructions, cotton balls, and order form for additional lure.
Electronic Repellent for Deer from Havahart®
- 3 green and silver posts with red tops: Place 5 to 20 feet apart.
- Aromatic lure, instructions, cotton balls, and order form for additional lure.
- Delivers 400 volts (substantially less voltage than static shock) with virtually no amps (.01 Joules) to harmlessly repel deer
- Covers approximately 1,200 sq. ft
- Requires 6 AA batteries (not included).
- Average battery life is over one year
- Easy to assemble and install
- Portable and effective
Add the Nite-Guard for additional deer repelling at night. Also discourages pest animals like coyote, fox, bear, mountain lion, wolf, bobcat, owls, raccopns, human intruders, hawks, mink, weasel, A great product to help protect your campsite from animal pests.
Nite Guard Solar is a solar-powered flashing red light for night animal control. When positioned correctly, this automatic red flashing light repels night pest animals that could harm livestock or gardens. Nite Guard SolarTM is based on scientific research: night animals flee as they fear they have been discovered or are being watched. Completely weatherproof. Functions to -20 degrees F. Operates in a single direction: 30 degrees angle of sight to right or left. Add additional units to protect large areas. Requires minimum of 4 hours of direct sunlight to flash: turns on at dusk, turns off at daylight.
Nite-Guard Main Features:
- Automatic red light flashing begins at dusk and lasts until dawn.
- Completely weatherproof: can work submerged in water.
- Tab for hanging on nail or screw
- Requires minimum of 4 hours direct sunlight to maintain internal battery charge. Full charge may require several days of sunlight. Not for use in forests!
- Functional to -20 degrees F.
- Coverage: approximately 60 degrees, 30 to each side of the Nite-Guard.
- For best coverage, use 4 or more units. Consider height of animals against which you want to protect your property when mounting unts.
- Warranty: 1 year from manufacturer. Typical life span: about 2-3 years minimum.
Thanks for your question. Please take some action and save your yard, trees and garden.