Question about whether to buy the NextBolt NX3 EZ-Mount Biometric Deadbolt Lock, Oil Rubbed Bronze, NextBolt Biometric Deadbolt NX4 Secure Mount Oil Rubbed Bronze or the NextBolt NX5 High Security Polished Brass Deadbolt.
Q: "Which Actuator Systems deadbolt lock should I buy for my home and for my business? I don't see Bioaxxis locks for sale anymore. These fingerprint dealbolts appear similar. I want a replacement for my front door deadbolt at home. That way my wife, my children and I won't have to bother with carrying keys. I prefer the oil rubbed bronzoe. And with many new employees, I would like to do away with giving out keys at my business. Please help me decide. Thanks. Tom."
Answer; The best way to help you decide is to tell you the differences between the three types of deadbolt locks that use keyless fingerprint recognition technology. I will also explain about the lever handle door lock that Actuator Systems makes for higher security.
NextBolt NX3 EZ-Mount Biometric Deadbolt Lock, Oil Rubbed Bronze, The fastest, easiest substitute deadbolt lock for your home outside doors. This units operates in temperatures from -30 Degrees F to =150 Degrees F.
- Direct replacement for current deadbolt lock. Just remove the old one and install this one.
- Five-pin tumbler rekeyable keyway
- 99 maximum users
- Dimensions ( L x W x D ) 6'' x 3'' x 1.4''
- Operates for thousands of openings on one set of 4 AA batteries.
NextBolt Biometric Deadbolt NX4 Secure Mount Oil Rubbed Bronze : Operation temperatures: -30 Degrees F to =150 Degrees F.
- Secure mount: two screws go through two holes connecting the front and back plates of the lock: Requires a drill to make holes in door.
- Other wise, same features as above.
NextBolt NX5 High Security Polished Brass Deadbolt: Operation temperatures: -30 Degrees F to =150 Degrees F.
- Eight-pin tumbler re-keyable key way
- Other wise, same features as above.
Features Common to All Three Deadbolt Locks:
- Deadbolt opens in less than a second
- Impact Alarm:a high-pitched alarm sounds if intruder attempts to enter. Product Warranty Period - Two (2) Years
- Includes three nickel plated brass keys
- Solid brass cylinder plug
- One inch brass deadbolt with case-hardened steel roller pin
- 2 3/8'' (60mm) & 2 3/4'' (70mm); 2 3/8'' (60mm) or 2 3/4'' (70mm) individual backset optional
- ANSI Grade deadbolt
- Weatherproof - Fully resistant to rain, snow, temperature extremes, humidity, UV and dust.
- Up to 99 users.
- Add and delete users individually
- Elegant and contemporary appearance.
- Non-Handed - will fit any left or right handed door up to 2 ¼” thick.
- Sliding weather cover triggers sensor to power on automatically.
- Sliding weather cover also triggers deadbolt to re-engage (no tricky buttons to push or PIN Codes to recall).
- Power: 4 AA batteries
- Battery operation with low battery alert - non-volatile memory will not delete stored fingerprints (even if batteries expire)
- UL, CE, ANSI & FCC approved.
- Product Warranty Period - Two (2) Years
The lever handle door lock is more sophisticated. The ReliTouch RT-201SC Biometric and PIN Handle Lock Satin Chrome features fingerprint lock technology, User ID, PIN technology and key technology. This commercial type lock has been tested for over two million cycles. Use with fingerprint only or with PIN only or with a combination of two identification types. Depending upon how many employees you have, this might be a great solution for your front and back doors to your business. The other deadbolt locks would limit access not only to your home but also to a computer room, your private office, a storage room, etc. Many people use the NX3 for gun closet security.
ReliTouch RT-201SC Biometric and PIN Handle Lock Satin Chrome Features and Specifications :Operating Temperature Range : -40F to 150 F
- 3rd Generation Biometric Lock for Residential/Commercial applications
- Finish : Satin Chrome
- Fingerprint Scanning : CMOS Optical Sensor or Complementary Metal–Oxide–Semiconductor Sensor.
- Verification Type :1 to N (PIN or fingerprint only), 1 to 1 (User ID + FP or PIN), Scanning Time : <1 second
- Recognition Time : <1 second/user
- False Accept Rate (FAR): < .001%
- False Reject Rate (FRR): < .01%
- Dimensions : 1.5" D x 3" W x 9.5" L
- Weight : 11 lbs
- Door Thickness : 1 1/2" ~ 2"
- Cylinder : Removable commercial grade 6-pin rim cylinder
- Keyway : SC4 keyway (3 keys included)
- Clutch Design : Free-wheeling
- Backlight : Night view backlit PIN keypad for easy use
- Access Time : 5 seconds access time before door re-locks
- Adjustable Backset : 2 3/8 inches and 2 3/4 inches
- Operating Temperature Range : -40F to 150 F
- 100% Weatherproof : This lock can be placed in adverse weather without the fear of damage caused by moisture, snow, dust, UV, or humidity
- Power Supply : Four (4) AA batteries to operate. Lithium-AA batteries are recommended for longest life.
- Estimated battery life is 12,000 to 21,000 cycles
- Has Low battery alert
- Power Supply Option : Lock can also be hardwired to run full-time on AC by standard 12V DC power supply
- Non-volatile memory : When batteries are removed or replaced, memory will not be lost, meaning users need not be re-enrolled.
- Impact Alarm Feature : A screeching alarm will sound, If lock is attacked and loses contact with the door Non-handed design,
- Heavy Duty components : Rated to over 2 Million cycles
- UL-Listed, ANSI Grade 2 tubular latch with 3-hour UL fire-rating
- ADA and HIPAA compliant
- User: Up to 1,000 PIN code users (any PIN-code length per user), or up to 1,000 fingerprint users
- Each user can be set up with any of several access methods, per user, per lock
- Easy to delete or register individual users
- Access Modes : Fast Touch and Go 1:N Mode (1 to Many), High-Security Access (1:1), User ID+PIN, User ID+Fingerprint, PIN only
- Access Control features : Open Mode, Timed Lock Access, Timed User Access, Import Records, Export Records
- Two program methods: at the lock using the LCD or at a PC using the PCMU (not included)
- Optional PC Management Upgrade lets you program all locks and all users at a PC with a high resolution fingerprint scanner (not included) so One (1) GB flashdrive can be used to program all the lockds and download audit trail records so you know where, when and who accessed the door or building.
- Warranty: 2 Years.
Thank you for your question. Unless you are in a very dangerous neighborhood, either the Nextbolt NX4 o4 NX3 would be great choices. These come in satin nickel, oil rubbed brass or polished brass, For your office situation, you may want to install either of these locks on interior room doors where you want access limited. For the building doors of your business, either the NX4 or the NX5 is a great choice. If you have many employees or contractors, have valuable data and/or materials and want more control, then choose the ReliTouch RT-201SC Biometric and PIN Handle Lock Satin Chrome. Models in other finishes should be available in the near future.