Q: "Can this be used on fingers/hands?" Carl
Chemical Name: Hydroxy Acetic Acid.
Physical State: Clear yellow, mild odor.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Avoid eye contact. Wear rubber gloves. Use in ventilated area. Can be fatal if swallowed. Do not use on wood, vinyls or plastics.
Answer: No, Grip-On is not for use on hands. To apply it to ceramic tile, concrete, marble, etc. to increase the coefficient of resistance to slipping, skidding, etc., you should wear rubber gloves or be careful not to get the product on your hands. This product makes slippery floors slip and fall resistant. Plus, the product is easily applied and is invisible. Sounds almost magic and I found it to be! I took the throw rugs out of my ceramic tile floored bathroom. Saved me from slipping and removed a temptation for one dog who prefers not to potty outside when it is raining or snowing or cold!
Below is information from the Material Data Safety Sheet:
Our feedback on this product has been completely positive. Applying the solution to my bathroom ceramic tile took only minutes. Since the product is clear and invisible after application, you don't have to worry about applying it "perfectly." I applied it over 3 years ago. It is great to get out of the shower or tub and not worry about hydroplaning with my wet feet.
Grip On also comes in larger sizes. The 4 oz Grip On bottle will protect up to 12 square feet. The Grip On Gallon Bottle protects up to 400 feet. If you have larger areas such as entrances to malls, hospital floors, hundreds of porcelain bath tubs, etc., I suggest you look at the larger sizes such as the 55 gallon barrel which will treat up to 22,000 square feet or the 5 Gallon Bucket of Grip-On that treats up to 2000 square feet of hard surfaces
Why does Grip On work? All natural materials such as concrete, ceramic, marble, granite, terrazzo, quarry tile, slate, porcelain tile and bathtubs have natural voids in them. The larger the void, the more the surface of that material is slip resistant. This void creates a tread for you to walk on. Ceramic or glazed tile, as well as porcelain, are coated to create a shiny finished look to a floor or fixture. These coatings fill in the natural voids up to 70%. When you walk on the dry surface, you would not notice that the voids are filled. But, when the surface is wet, the water fills in the remaining 30% of the void and that is why a floor becomes slippery not allowing any space between the water and the bottom of your foot creating a hydroplane effect. Grip On® microscopically treats the surface of your floor or fixture in a way that brings back the natural void via the treads in the surface material. So, when a floor or bathtub is wet, it still allows you to feel surefooted. Grip On® Anti Slip Solution is a clear, chemical treatment that increases the co-efficient of friction and the safety of the surface when wet.
Thank you for your question.