Q: "We need to safety proof a warehouse. The fire retardant safety wall pad and corner strips in bright yellow would meet our needs. I notice that nothing is supplied with either item for installation. What is the best way to install? Thanks. Pete"
Answer: There are several options available to install safety edge corner strips and wall pads. Most customers use the silicone adhesive because it is less trouble and more permanent. Both products are available at most hardware stores.
- ADHESIVE TAPE OPTION: 3M VHB (Very High Bond) tape #5925. The only tape that will adhere to both the safety cushion products and to most other surfaces. Requires 72 hours for maximum adhesion, more expensive than silicone.
- SILICONE ADHESIVE: heavy duty adhesion, ability to add a bead around the outer edge to seal off from dirt, liquids or tampering. Adheres to almost any surface including rough textures like brick
3M VHB (Very High Bond) Tape #5925 Properties
- A very conformable, double-sided, pressure-sensitive, closed-cell acrylic foam tape with a PE film liner. 25 mil thick.
- Color: Black
- Width: 1/2" or 1 "
- Thickness: .06" (25 mil)
- Incredible VHB strength guarantees a strong bond.
- Soft conformable foam molds to irregular and textured surfaces.
- Bonds powder painted metal, acrylics and polycarbonates with minimal priming or sanding.
- Temperature range is -40°F to 250°F.
- Dampens noise, shock and vibration.
- Resists moisture, UV and solvents. Indoor/outdoor.
Wall Pad and Corner Cushion Tape Instructions:
1. Clean surfaces with mineral spirits or similar product to help adhesion
2. Peel & Stick
3. Wait for it to bond properly - IMPORTANT - bonding strength develops over time
- 20 minutes = 50% of ultimate strength
- 60 minutes = 75% of ultimate strength
- 24 hours = 90% of ultimate strength
- 72 hours = 100% of ultimate strength
We look forward to helping you with your industrial safety project or home safety product.
Thanks for your question.