Question about the product Medready MR-P1700:: MedReady Lower frequency alarm. Note the 1700 series and the 357 series were introduced in 2013.Q: "My dad cannot hear higher frequencies of sound. He is getting forgetful and needs help remembering to take his pills three times each day. Is the MR-P1600FLLF the best choice for him?" Thanks. David
Answer: Medready recognized the need for an automatic pill dispenser with dual reminders. So the 1600FLLF was created. The pitch of the alarm is at a lower frequency plus there is a flashing light reminder. According to Mayo clinic websites, there now are hearing aids that can help those with high-frequency hearing loss. Those with high-frequency hearing loss have trouble hearing higher pitched voices such as women's and children's voices, and certain parts of speech, such as consonants. That is why Medready now offers only low frequency alarms as more people can easily hear those frequencies.
Medready also offers these units:
- Medready Medready MR-P1700:: MedReady Lower frequency alarm
- Medready MR-1700FL: MedReady Lower frequency alarm, flashing light.
- Medready P1750: MedReady with Low Frequency Alarm, Flashing Light and Modem Connection for Land Line.
- Medready P1750FL: MedReady Automatic Pill Dispenser with Low Frequency Alarm, Flashing Light and Modem Connection for Land Line.
- MedReady MR-357 Automatic Medication Dispenser with Low Frequency Alarm and GSM Cellular Modem. NO land line required. SIM card required. Obtain thru Medready if desired.
- MedReady MR-357FL Automatic Medication Dispenser with Low Frequency Alarm,Flashing Light and GSM Cellular Modem. NO land line required. SIM card required. Obtain thru Medready if desired.
- Extra Pill Box Tray with Cover if you or your pharmacy or home nursing service is filling the medications for your parent. Several state social services departments are utilizing the Medready units to help keep senior citizens healthy and to remain living in their homes as long as possible.
Thanks for your question.