Q: "I need a gate for a extra wide doorway. I have both dogs and small children. Yet I would like to be able to open a door in the gate rather than step over it. Which gate or gates do you recommend? My dogs are small ones. Thanks. Sheri."
Answer: The Versagate VG-65 won the Child Safety House Calls Pediatricians Childproofing Product Award 2010 for its modular system, quality metal construction and its 24 inch door. Choose from white steel, light oak stained beechwood with metal gate frame or black metal.The VersaGate VG-65 Basic Gate System Features:
- Door Section with 24 inch gate: 40 inches total width
- Gate Extensions: 2, each 20 inches wide.
- Two rubber-coated, stabilizing feet to increase stability and prevent scratching floors. Use two for the wide door section and one for each gate extension. Each foot is 6 inches in diameter and one inch high. The bottom is textured to them less likely to skid on a slick floor surface.
- For maximum stability, the feet can be mounted to the floor.
- Gate Height: 30.5 Inches.
- Bar Spacing: 2.25 Inches.
- Gate and frame are both made from strong, sturdy steel except in the beechwood gate which is wood with a metal frame.
- Door Operation: Push red safety button and lift handle 90 degrees upwards. Pull gate to open. Close gate and lower handle back to original postion. Gate will click when locked.
- Your Cardinal Gate is warranted to be free of manufacturing defects for a period of one year from the date of purchase when used in homes, and according to manufacturers instructions. When used commercially, such as day care centers, the warranty is 90 days.
- All Cardinal Gates are JPMA certified & adhere to guidelines as set forth by the JPMA & the Consumer Products Safety Commission.
The VersaGate VG-65 expands to a maximum of 77.25 inches in width. For each additional 1.25 feet needed (16 inches), add one VG-20 extension.(not included). Or choose the VG-10 (not included) or the VG-40 inch extensions (not included).
For additional stability, attach to side walls for a very stable child gate or dog gate. More effective wall-mounting hardware (vertical hole pattern) means the gate can be removed from the wall without removing the screws. Added feet means the Versagate can be installed in a straight line. Baseboard shims plus easier mounting to stabilizing feet makes this a great pet gate or child gate for almost any situation.
This has been one of our more popular gates.
Thank you for your questions. If you have more questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us.