Question about a portable medication box with timer.
Question: "I need a portable pill box small enough to fit in my briefcase. This would be one with a timer to alert me when I need to take my medications. The pills I take are fairly large. What do you suggest? Thanks. Jim."
Answer: The Med-Q Pill Boxes would be our recommendation. The Blue Med-Q is a digital pill box with a double beep alarm and a flashing LED light The White Med-Q is similar except that the alarm sounds only a single beep.
For those who need to take medications 4 times a day, we suggest you purchase one of each using one color for days and one for nights.
These units share many common features. Each is 9 inches by 4.5 inches by about 1.0 inch.
Both the blue and the white Med Q battery powered, portable pill box have 14 compartment, each compartment is 1 inch high by 3/4 inch wide by 1 inch long. The weight empty is 3 ounces. Then add the two AA batteries for power. Easily carried in briefcase or larger handbag. NOTE: White and blue are identical except white beeps once and blue, twice. Use one of each if you need 4 doses per day or two people need a pill box alarm.
Med Q Pill Dispenser Innovative Audio Alarm Reminder System
- Audio alarm volume cascades: volume increases for 5 minutes before it stops.
- Single beeping audio alarm repeats in 5 minute cycles every 25 minutes until pills are removed or next alert button is activated.
- This is a single beeping alarm sound. Note: Blue has a double beeping sound.
Med Q Pill Dispenser Innovative Visual LED Reminder System
- Visual LED alarm features a LED-light box technology.
- LED light flashes in each individual pill container that needs to be taken: eliminates confusion and mistakes.
- Over-sized LCD screen for easy viewing.
- Over-sized buttons for easy programming.
Ergonomically Designed Individual containers
- Over-sized finger tip tabs for easy opening.
- 14 individual removable compartments.
- Curved internal angling of containers for easy scooping.
- Easy to read letters and Braille marking.
- Capacity of individual box, 11 M & M type candies.
Personalized Programmable for any Time, Day or Night
- Program for once a day for two weeks or,
- Program for twice a day for one week.
- Press the next alert button and the audible alarm stops beeping. The individual LED-light box then flashes for ten additional seconds to ensure the correct pills are taken.
Low battery indicator
- Visual Low battery indicator helps eliminate power outage
- Operates on two AA alkaline batteries with a lifetime of one year approximately depending on use
I hope this helps you to take your medications on time.
Thank you for your question.