Q:"How does the Sensaphone Motion Detector work? How units do I need to protect my office? What Sensaphone models work with this unit?" Thanks. George
Answer: Remember that this is a wired unit. First, measure your office. Next, determine if you need more than one unit along each long wall. If you have more than one door, consider installing one aimed at each door. All Sensaphone unit that have a normally closed dry contact can interface with this unit. That includes a wide variety of FSG models.
PIR motion sensor uses infrared to monitor movement of warm bodies in a specific area. Once movement is detected, the sensor activates a call from your Sensaphone remote monitoring system. The passive infrared motion detection sensor can be used with all Sensaphone models. Range of detection is approximately forty feet of area. Multiple sensors can be wired in series to a single output.
PIR Motion Detector FGD-0007 Specifications:
Compatible with all Sensaphone models except IMS. Note: There is a PIR motion sensor specifically designed for the IMS
Dimensions: 4″ x 6″ x 11/2″
Housing: White plastic
Normality: Normally closed
- Range: Approximately 40′
- Battery Life: 3-5 years
- Compatibility: All Sensaphone models
- (x1) Infra-Red Motion Detector
- (x2) AA batteries
- (x1) Installation Instructions
- Detects body heat.&
- Causes a dial-out if motion is detected.
- Range of detection covers approximately 50 ft. of area.
- Multiple sensors can be wired in series to a single input.
- Range: Approximately 40 feet, with 75° of coverage.
- Dimensions: 4" x 6" x 1.5"
- Warranty: 1 year limited manufacturer's warranty.
Thank you for your questions.