Question about octenol for Mosquito Magnet Traps.
Q: "Why do I need octenol for my Mosquito Magnet Propane Mosquito Trap?"thanks. Jack
Answer: Octenol increases your catch rate significantly when used with your Mosquito Magnet traps. Octenol is a naturally occurring by-product that comes from plants and some animals. Studies have shown that Octenol, when combined with carbon dioxide produced by Mosquito Magnet traps (not included), is very attractive to many different biting insects . We recommend Octenol as an alternative to Lurex 3N for customers located in the northern United States. Use in Mosquito Magnet Defender, Mosquito Magnet Liberty, and Mosquito Magnet Liberty Plus.
Octenol - General Facts:
* What is it? Octenol is an EPA registered secondary attractant that mimics human breath. It is used in Mosquito Magnet® traps to attract biting insects including mosquitoes and no-see-ums. Made in the U.S.A.
* What are the active ingredients:? 1-Octen-3-ol, 55.15%, Other ingredients 44.85%. Each cartridge contains 1660 mg of Octenol.
* Why should I use it along with the Mosquito Magnet® trap? Mosquito Magnet Octenol vs. CO2:The attractant Octenol increases your catch rates up to 10 times! Mosquitoes are not only a nuisance; they may transmit diseases that are a serious health threat to people and pets. It will lure biting insects to the Mosquito Magnet® trap and away from you and your family.
* What Does It Attract? Octenol attracts most mosquito species, including salt marsh mosquitoes, as well as no-see-ums and black flies. The insects are attracted by the Octenol and are drawn to the Mosquito Magnet® trap where they are captured, then dehydrate and die.
* Which Mosquito Lure is Right for my Area? Those who live on the coast or Northern regions of the U.S. should use Octenol to attract mosquitoes, no-see-ums and black flies.There have been recent spottings of the Asian Tiger mosquito in Northern regions. If you have tried Octenol and are still getting bit, try Lurex 3 ™
* How Often Should The Cartridge Be Replaced? The Octenol cartridge should be replaced every 21 days. After 21 days of use, the cartridge appears the same; however, it will no longer be effective as the octenol will have been released.The catch rate will be reduced if the attractant is not changed
I hope this answers your question. Remember that Lurex is recommended for Use Lurex with all Mosquito Magnet traps if you live in the Southern USA. Mosquitoes are a nuisance and may also transmit diseases that pose serious health risks to people and pets. Lurex 3N is specifically designed for users who have the Asian Tiger Mosquito. It's most effective in southern USA states. This product simulates human sweat to attract mosquitoes which helps you to increase your catch rates.
What is Lurex3™ Mosquito Attractant? Lurex3™ is a patent-pending mosquito attractant that mimics naturally occurring human skin scents or odors known to attract mosquitoes. This EPA-registered product is the only attractant developed for the Asian Tiger Mosquito. It has been designed for use with all Mosquito Magnet® Traps. Made in the U.S.A.
What is in Lurex3? There are two active ingredients In the Lurex component the active ingredients includes lactic acid, 35.40%. In the Ammonium Bicarbonate component, Ammonium Bicarbonate is 74.63%.
Thanks for your question.