Question about how to keep animals from chewing up wiring in my parked car.
Q: " How can I keep mice and squirrels from getting under my car and nesting in my car's engine compartment. I live in the mountains of Colorado and do not have a garage. If I leave a vehicle parked for several days, I risk having small animals from nesting or crawling into the underside of my car. I've had to have wiring repaired several times. Thanks. Tom."
Answer: You are not the first person to ask for such a product. Years ago there was a 12 volt product made in China or India that attached to one' car battery and produced ultrasounds to get rid of pest animals under a vehicle. That was never imported.
Now P3 International has an inexpensive under the hood product that runs off C cells. This animal repeller, the P7825 Under Hood Animal Repeller, keeps your engine compartment safer from squirrels, rabbits, rats, martens/sables etc. At higher elevations or in colder weather, rats, cats and other animals seek shelter and warmth in engine compartments. There they chew on cables, wiring harnesses and other expensive parts.
Under Hood Pest Repeller Features
- Easily mounted: 4 Eight Inch Vinyl Cable Ties Included Plus Two Screws with Plastic Screw Holders
- Battery operated
- Water Resistant
- LED Indicator
- On/Off Button
- Frequency: 12kHz
- Batteries:2 x C Alkaline batteries (not included)
- Battery Life:6-8 months (longer with alkaline)
- Dimensions (L x W x H):5 1/8" x 2 1/2" x 1 5/8"
- Weight:4 oz.
Operation and Instructions:
- Open the battery door by unscrewing the metal screw.
- Insert Two C size batteries (not included, alkaline or better recommended).
- Close door. Unit is ready to use.
- Cautions: Avoid high temperature areas such as exhaust manifold. Do not place where unit will interfere with moving parts.
- Switch on by depressing and holding on/off button for 2 seconds. LED will light and unit switches on. Switch off if desire by holding button for 2 seconds.
- In operation, the unit sounds a 12 kHz frequency tone.
- Status LED lights up when unit is activated.
- Typical battery life is 1 year or more with alkaline battery.
Thank you for your question. This should help solve your problem.