BonaKemi Wood Floor Polish Or Bona Hardwood Refresher?
Question about the product Product Code: BK1001, BonaKemi Hardwood Floor Polish
Q: "Does the Polish leave a high gloss on the floor after it dries like the Refresher does? I noticed the Refresher product has a note on the label that it will leave a higher gloss on the floor than before its use and I would like to understand if that same note applies to the Polish product? Thank you for your response!"- Jennifer
Answer: Thanks for this question. I contacted BonaKemi to make sure my answer was correct. As you can see below, the important questions to ask yourself are whether you plan to have the wood floors refinished completely or not: Bona Wood Floor Polish cannot be re-coated (see below.) If you need technical support, phone this BonaKemi number: 800-872-5515.
BonaKemi Responded: "Bona Floor Polish is for newer floors including prefinished flooring: it is a blend of polyurethane and acrylic. You can buff the polish to get a better shine: the polish gives more of a sheen and blends better into the existing flooring than BonaKemi Hard Wood Floor Refresher. View the polish as a maintenance product like a wax. The acrylic component is why polished floors cannot be re-coated without being stripped. There are acrylic stripping agents available but the risk is that the polish will remain in the cracks unless sanded out.
The Bona Refresher is for older floors, gives more gloss and can be re-coated with polyurethane finish. The most important isse is to measure the area to be covered and not to skimp on the product. For both the refresher and the polish, the coverage is 500 square feet maximum. That is an area that is 10 feet by 50 feet or 15 feet x 33 feet, etc. If you spread the polish or refresher too thin, then you can get streaks. The refresher is not as durable as the polish but again this is meant for older flooring."
Applying Bona Hard Wood Floor Polish.
- Vacuum, Sweep or Dust Mop then thoroughly clean with Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner and the blue Microfiber Cleaning Pad on your Bona Microplus Mop. Repeat if necessary. Allow floor to dry.
- Gently rock container back and forth to mix. Slightly dampen (with water) a Bona Applicator Pad, Bona Cleaning Pad or paint pad and attach to mop. Squirt Hardwood Floor Polish onto floor. Working in sections small enough to keep the applicator wet, apply product to the floor and spread evenly. Smooth with the grain. Continue working in sections until the floor is completely coated. Rinse the applicator pad with water.
- Allow the floor to dry at least 2 hours before allowing foot traffic. Allow to dry overnight before heavy foot traffic.For Best Results: Always test a small inconspicuous section of the floor before use. Do not apply the product too thin. Coverage should be 500 square feet per bottle. Streaking will occur if the product is applied too thin. Coat the entire floor to ensure an even appearance.
- Application Frequency: Use as needed every 1-2 months.
- Note: Bona Hardwood Floor Polish is not re-coatable with finish. Hardwood Floor Polish must be completely removed by sanding to bare wood before recoating to ensure proper adhesion.