Replacing 12V Propane Gas Alarms in an RV or Trailer
Question about replacement 12 volt propane gas alarms for a motorhome.
Q:" How do I choose the correct 12 volt propane alarm for my motor home? The brand that was in my motorhome is no longer available?" Thanks. Joe
Answer: Currently, we are selling Safe-T-Alert propane alarms, USA manufactured, that meet all RV standards. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate a manufacturer that sells a unit with the third wire, that one that closes the propane gas valve if a leak if detected.
Choose a unit by answering these questions:
Is the current propane alarm mounted flush with the wall? If so, measure the opening. The units we sell are:
- 30-442 (Flush Mount)Case Dimensions:6.375"W x 2.875"H x 1"D
- 40-442RV Flush Mount Gas Alarm: Case Dimensions Recessed portion = 3"H x 4"W. Depth = 1 1/8". Flush mount portion = 4"H x 4 7/8"W. Screw Holes = centered, 4 1/2" apart.
- 30-441 (Slim Line Surface Mount): Case Dimensions: 6"W x 1.875"H x 1.5"D
- 40-441RV Case Dimensions: Bottom (where mounted) = 3"H x 5 3/8"W. Top = 3"H x 5"W. Depth = 1 3/8". Screw holes = centered, approx. 5" apart.
- 40-442A-BR is chocolate brown and a flush mount. The 40-441A-BR is the corresponding surface mount unit.
- The 30-441A=BR is the chocolate brown surface mount propane alarm and the 30-442A-BR is the chocolate brown flush mount model.
- Both the 40-441 and 40-442 draw 46 milliamp (0.046 amp.)
- The 30-441 and 30-442 draw 76 mA. This 30-442 can replace the CCI-7770 Propane Alarm that is discontinued.
I hope this helps answer your question. We do recommend that you test your propane alarms and your RV carbon monoxide alarms at least once per month.