Healthier Living | Child Safety | Eco Friendly Tips

Barbara Staib, President of Safe Home Products, is an expert on child safety, emergency preparedness, pet training and even pest control. She has personally helped thousands of customers since SHP started in 1999. Here you can find Q&A with Barbara to foster safer, healthier and simpler living.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

120VAC/DC Converter for 6 amp or less 12V Thermoelectric cooler or warmer?

Question about using a thermoelectric cooler/warmer indoors on AC power.

Q: "Which AC/DC converter do you suggest for a larger thermoelectric cooler/warmer that draws up to 70 watts or 6 amps? We'd like to use our cooler indoors as an extra fridge or pre-cool prior to going camping." Thanks. Thomas

Answer: The best choices for any thermoelectric coolers are the TravelMate units which we sell, at this time, under three different labels. This is the only one we know that can power a unit that draws up to 6 amps. (Most power only up to 4 amps). Vector actually makes all three units but they are marketed under the brands Rubbermaid, Black and Decker and Vector. Since all three have different UPC codes, we sell all three brands.

TravelMates Advantages are:
  • Plugs into any standard 110-volt AC outlet
  • Instantly converts 110 volt AC current into 12 volt DC
  • Auto thermal and overload shutdown
  • Extends the convenience of your 12 volt device: use indoors or when camping where 120VAC power is available.
  • Powers all Vector thermoelectric coolers
  • Powers most Igloo, Coleman and other 12Volt thermoelectric products that use 6 amps or less.(70 watts or less).
  • Item Dimensions: 9 x 4 x 8.5 inches
  • Weight: 1 lb.
  • Warranty: 2 years manufacturer, Vector
Thanks for your question.


Labels: ,

Share this post with: